The History of PureTek Corporation
PureTek Corporation is a family-owned business that was was founded in 1991. Over the years, we have worked with large retailers like Costco, Walmart, and many well-known brands.
Our customers always praise us for providing consistent service that is capable of taking their products from initial concepts through research and development, manufacturing, and ultimately to the consumer. For more than 28 years, we have built PureTek Corporation into a respected name in the prescription and OTC drug, supplements, and personal care item industries.
The PureTek History Timeline
We’ve accomplished many things throughout our history. Here is a brief look at the history of PureTek Corporation.
- 1991: The Pressman family pursues their dream of building a full-service pharmaceutical research and manufacturing company. Construction officially begins at our Arroyo Street facility.
- 1992: Operations commence as we manufacture our first products.
- 1993: Private label contract with Costco is finalized and production begins.
- 1995: PureTek continues to grow as we begin manufacturing for Dermalogica.
- 1999: We develop our first OTC body wash line for Walmart, a product line is still being sold today.
- 2002: Work with major skin care brand Obagi begins.
- 2007: Our first prescription drugs are produced and shipped.
- 2008: Pure Alaska Omega-3 Salmon Oil is launched at Costco.
- 2014: An additional $500,000 is invested in advanced lab equipment to further improve our research and development capabilities.
- 2015: PureTek increases total square footage to 149,000 by adding the new 112,000 square foot Nelson Road facility.
- 2016: DermacinRx product line is launched in response to the changing healthcare needs of our customers.
PureTek remains committed to pursuing innovative new products , as well as helping pharmaceutical companies and retailers manufacture new and existing products. Our facilities provide contract manufacturing and private label production for a wide variety of products.
In addition to contract manufacturing, we offer additional services such as research and development, process validation, lab testing, packaging and labeling, shipping and handling and order fulfillment.
Become a Partner in PureTek’s Future
When you work with PureTek, you are working with a company with nearly 30 years of research, contract manufacturing experience, and order fulfillment experience in the personal care, supplement, and OTC and Prescription Drug industries. Our facilities are drug, food, and organic licensed, cGMP compliant, NSF certified, and we are an Accredited-Verified Wholesale Distributor.
Our executive team understands FDA regulations, compliance, and has more than 150 years of combined experience working in the pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries. We are ready to help you take your product initiatives to market. Let us put our expertise to use on your projects.
If you are interested in working with PureTek, please contact a member of our customer service team today by calling (818) 837-5880. We’ve helped many companies take their products to market, overcome manufacturing bottlenecks, and logistical delays. With PureTek, consistency is a guarantee.